Stubborn fat is one of the most frustrating side-effects of staying in shape. Despite all our best efforts to try and lose weight, keep it off, and look our best, most of us are not built like supermodels. The good news is that if you maintain a healthy lifestyle that includes a nutritious diet and enough exercise, you can reap the benefits of that lifestyle without having to worry about stubborn fat on your body. The bad news is that because of genetics, among other things, it can be challenging to get rid of some fat on the body.
When we are born and develop during adolescence, our genetics tell our body where to store fat and how much of it to store naturally. This is why every person’s body looks different, and why two people who follow the same diet and workout routine might not look the same. The persistence of stubborn fat was what motivated doctors and aestheticians to come up with the targeted fat removal procedure known as CoolSculpting.
What is CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is a non-surgical fat reduction procedure. It is not intended to help a person lose weight, though the removal of fat will ultimately cause the person going through the process to lose weight as fat cells are destroyed. The procedure is intended for anyone who is within 30 pounds of their ideal BMI who has a buildup of fat despite their diet and exercise routine. CoolSculpting is a non-invasive way to remove fat that works by freezing fat cells, ultimately killing them and and removing them from the body forever.
Before you schedule your CoolSculpting treatment, you consult with one of the experts at Cosmetic Laser Centers about your areas of concern. Additionally, the Cosmetic Laser Center professional you work with will estimate approximately how many procedures you will need to undergo for the best results.
Treatment is non-invasive, but you may experience mild discomfort within the first few minutes. Applicators utilize cold and suction power to work. Therefore, for the first five to ten minutes, you might feel some intense cold, after which the area will become numb. Additionally, you might feel light tugging, pulling, or pinching due to the suction. The process takes between half an hour to an hour, depending upon the size of the area. Once you are done, you will schedule a follow-up appointment if needed, and you can head on your way.
What Areas Does CoolSculpting Help With?
The body is impressive in the way that it can accumulate fat in such a diverse way from person to person. While it might be possible to gain weight in many places on the human body, there are only a few places on the body that can be treated with CoolSculpting. The following areas have been FDA-cleared for CoolSculpting treatment:
- The submandibular and submental regions of the face. In layman’s terms, this treats your “jowls or double chin.” It can be complicated to tone the area under your chin because there are not too many ways to exercise this area other than chewing. Therefore, under the chin, CoolSculpting is one of the more popular CoolSculpting procedures.
- The upper and lower abdomen. This includes fatty deposits on the upper stomach, lower stomach, and the “love handle” area.
- Back fat, including back bra fat.
- Under the buttocks. Many people who have firm buttocks can struggle with getting rid of fat under the buttocks area. This area is also known as the banana roll because of its shape.
- The upper arms. This area is a struggle for many, and it can be one of the first places that the body tries to put on fat in those who have high cortisol due to stress. Additionally, without doing targeted workouts, this can be one of the last places that the body loses weight.
- Inner and outer thighs. It can specifically be difficult to tone the area of the thigh closest to the groin, which can leave your legs looking imbalanced – especially if you’ve been able to lose weight in other places on the body.
These treatments are applied using different types of applicators, helping to target the area of treatment better.
How Long Will It Take For Me To See Results?
Results are not immediate, as fat cell death is a bit of a process. Some people see a slight fat reduction as soon as two weeks after the procedure, and most see a significant decrease in fat in about one to three months after the procedure. Additionally, it might take more than one session to achieve the results you want fully. The professional you work with will help you understand exactly how many sessions you will need to undergo to remove the fat you would like gone.
Why Turn to CoolSculpting For Your Fat Reduction Needs?
Studies have shown that when you feel confident about yourself, you are less stressed overall. Unfortunately, stress is a huge motivator when it comes to keeping off the pounds, and can be even more impactful when it comes to maintaining your weight. CoolSculpting not only helps you feel confident, but it can also help motivate you to manage your ideal weight. The results of CoolSculpting are permanent if you work to control your weight, so it is unlikely you will see your love handles, back fat, or jowl return if you have been able to maintain your ideal weight for most of your life. Or, at least for the past few years.
More importantly, CoolSculpting is not as painful as liposuction but provides many of the same results for people who are within 30 pounds of their ideal weight.
Cosmetic Laser Centers in Warrendale and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, have been at the forefront of aesthetic procedures since their beginning. With a team of three medical professionals, you can trust that from the time of your consultation to your CoolSculpting treatment aftercare, you will receive the best support in the area. For more information on CoolSculpting at Cosmetic Laser Centers, click here.