The professionals at Cosmetic Laser Centers℠ are excited to offer the Juvederm® family of fillers for our patients. These products smooth folds and wrinkles instantly. Potential treatment areas include:
• Marionette lines that extend from the corners of the mouth to the chin
• Lines on the upper lip or the corners of the mouth
• Nasolabial folds from the nose to the mouth
• Lines and sunken areas around the eyes
• Poorly defined or thin lips
Certain Juvederm® products such as Juvederm® VOLUMA can be used to add cheek volume to the mid-face.
At Cosmetic Laser Centers℠ we care about your safety and comfort. As with any medical procedure there are potential side effects. These include bleeding, redness, inflammation, and bruising. Other potential side effects include:
- Hardening of tissue at injection site
- Soreness and swelling
- Formation of lumps and bumps
Juvederm® is a filler gel made from hyaluronic acid. It is similar to Restylane® but manufactured by a different company. Juvederm® products smoothe folds and wrinkles, increases volume in the midface and soften fine lines. Juvederm® has patented Hylacross™ technology which spreads smoothly and creates the desired effect. These treatments can last for up to 6 months to 2 years, depending on the product! The Hylacross™ technology provides excellent durability and can result in less treatments over time! This is what makes Juvederm® so popular.
Juvaderm® Before & Afters
Actual patient. Results may vary. Unretouched photos taken before treatment and 1 month after treatment. A total of 1.4 mL of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC was injected into the cheek area. A total of 2.9 mL of JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC was injected into the parentheses and marionette lines. A total of 2.2 mL of JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC was injected into the vertical lip lines and lips.
Juvederm® injections are offered at Cosmetic Laser Centers℠. Treatments typically take an hour or less. It is very safe since the substance is already made in your body. No allergy testing is needed.
Following treatment you will see results immediately! Then after 3-4 weeks, you will likely appreciate further improvement as any initial swelling and bruising should be resolved by that time. Results typically last for 6-12 months and sometimes longer depending on the product. Other potential side effects will be reviewed at the time of your consultation.
It is important to stop taking the following medications 7-10 days prior to your procedure in order to minimize bleeding and bruising:
- Fish Oil/ Omega 3
- Excedrin Products
- Other: Ginseng/Gingko Biloba/Cinnamon/Alcohol Consumption
We ask that you please discuss the temporary discontinuation of any medication with your prescribing physician!
The Juvederm® collection of fillers is a wonderful option to take you back to a more youthful appearance. The products’ smoothing
JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel is for injection into areas of facial tissue where moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds occur to temporarily add volume to the skin, especially around the nose and mouth.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over the age of 21.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Are there any reasons why I should not receive JUVÉDERM® XC or JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC?
Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to the proteins (gram-positive bacterial proteins) used to make the hyaluronic acid (HA) in these products. Do not use JUVÉDERM® XC or JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC if you are allergic to lidocaine.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gels for use during pregnancy or in women who are breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC for use in patients under 18 years and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC for patients under 35 years or over 65 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM® XC for treatment of areas other than facial wrinkles and folds (such as lips) have not been established in clinical studies
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC for treatment in areas other than the cheek area have not been established in clinical studies
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in patients with a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) and pigmentation disorders has not been studied, and use may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in patients with very thin skin in the cheek area and the safety of repeat treatments in patients has not been studied
- There is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if laser procedures and chemical peeling are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment with JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC
What are possible side effects?
For JUVÉDERM® XC, most side effects are mild or moderate in nature, and last 7 days or less. The most common side effects include temporary injection-site reactions such as: redness, pain/tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching, and discoloration.
For JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, side effects are moderate (uncomfortable), and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. The most common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.
As with all skin-injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
To report a side effect with JUVÉDERM® XC or JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, please call Allergan Product Surveillance at 1-800-624-4261.
For more information, please see the About Safety page at www.juvederm.com or call the Allergan Medical Information line at 1-800-433-8871.
JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gels are available by prescription only.