Look Your Best with Skin Treatments in the Pittsburgh, PA Area
Fall is finally here. Time to relax, enjoy the cool weather, and sip your pumpkin spice latte or hot cider. When you’re done reflecting on the summer fun, it’s also a good time to assess the damage done to your skin by the many days spent in the sun, possibly without enough SPF on.
Fall is the perfect time to get that laser hair removal or skin treatment that you’ve been thinking of all summer long. At Cosmetic Laser Centers we offer many different types of cosmetic laser treatments that can help make your skin look and feel its best. Whatever skin issue you’d like to address, we have a wide range of options for you to choose from!
Let’s explore the medical-grade treatments we offer and why fall is the best time to get them. We have locations convenient to Pittsburgh, PA, as well as Warrendale, Wexford, Cranberry, and Robinson Township. Book your skin treatment with us today and you’ll be looking your best before winter comes!
Why Fall is a Good Time to Get Skin Treatments
As seasons change, so does your skin, so it’s important to adjust your skin care routine to match. That’s why fall is the perfect time to get your skin treatment in before winter begins. With less exposure to the sun, salt, and chlorine, fall is the ideal time of year for laser skin treatments, and starting now will have you ready for the next season.
- You’ll spend less time out in the sun this fall. We all know it’s important to protect our skin from the sun. It can be drying and harmful on its own, but it is especially important to avoid sun exposure before and after laser skin or hair treatments. Though our treatments require little to no downtime, it’s beneficial for your skin to avoid direct sunlight following treatment, since the treated area will be photosensitive. By getting treatment in the fall, you won’t be exposed to the higher UVA and UVB rays emitted by the summer sun. This will help your skin post-treatment, and can lower your risk for getting hyperpigmentation – unwanted darkened areas of skin.
- Your skin is not as likely to be exposed to salt and chlorine. An essential part of keeping your skin healthy is keeping your skin hydrated. We all know the sun can dry out your skin, but so can salt and chlorine. It’s important to prep your skin by treating it well before a cosmetic laser procedure. Any exposure to harsh and abrasive elements such as salt and chlorine is unfavorable before andafter laser skin treatments, including laser hair removal. This is why fall is such an ideal time to have your treatment done. Since you’re not likely to be spending the day at the beach or lounging by the pool, you don’t have to worry about getting salt or chlorine on your freshly treated skin!
- The timing is right. After spending the summer in the sun, it’s likely that most people have some new sun damage to their skin. This damage can be seen in freckles or brown spots on the skin, dark tans from over exposure, or even skin that has gained wrinkles or become leathery. Laser treatments are an effective way to rejuvenate your skin and treat the damage from the sun. Fall is also a good time because cosmetic laser treatments are done in multiple sessions over a period of time. Since the process takes many sessions, fall is the perfect time to start! Timing depends on the skin treatment you choose, but generally, starting in the fall will have you ready to go for the holiday season and ahead of the game for next spring and summer.
The Laser Treatments We Offer in the Pittsburgh Area
We offer two types of laser treatments to help improve your skin’s tone and texture – Fraxel® DUAL and Fraxel re:pair® SST. We also offer laser hair removal with Lumenis® LightSheer™, which achieves up to 80% permanent hair reduction.
- Fraxel® Laser Treatments are designed to target aging and damaged skin by producing thousands of deep microscopic treatment zones. This targeted approach touches about 20 percent of the surface in the treatment area, affecting only the skin that needs to be treated. This results in a more comfortable treatment because it leaves the surrounding skin intact. This also allows the skin to recover faster, lessening healing time, and allowing for minimal downtime of a week or less.
- Fraxel® DUAL Treatment is a non-ablative fractional laser used for skin resurfacing. It’s a great tool used to treat common aesthetic skin concerns such as uneven skin tone or pigmentation, acne scars, surgical scars, sun damage, stretch marks, lines, and wrinkles.
- Fraxel re:pair® SST Laser Treatment is a more aggressive type of laser designed to treat significant fine lines and wrinkles, and severe skin tone and pigment issues. Fraxel® re:pair can help people who have severe sun damage, a significant number of age spots or finer lines and wrinkles. Because this is a more aggressive type of laser skin treatment, patients often only need one session, though some post-treatment wound care is required.
- Lumenis® LightSheer™ Laser Hair Removal
If you have unwanted facial or body hair that you’re looking to get rid of, Lumenis® LightSheer™ laser hair removal can be your solution! LightSheer™ is non-invasive and works by using a diode laser to target the melanin in your hair. It removes the unwanted hair by zapping it with a pulse of energy, which destroys the hair follicle. Once a hair follicle has been destroyed, it can no longer grow hair. LightSheer™ is safe to use on pretty much any area of the body, from underarms to the bikini area, the back, and even the face and chest. Because the laser targets the melanin in hair, laser hair removal works best on people with darker hair. It typically does not work well on people with light colored hair that is blonde, grey, or white. To know if it can work well for you, it’s best to have a consultation with one of our professionals. They can let you know if this is a good option for your hair and skin type.
Face It: You’ll Want to Book Your Cosmetic Laser Treatment Today
Get a jump on your fall skin care routine by booking your appointment today at our Warrendale or Pittsburgh, PA location! All our laser skin treatments are completed by a licensed medical provider, so you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.